ACDelco Service Centre hereby warrants that subject to your non-excludable rights and the exclusions shown below, our products and services will be free from defect for the applicable warranty period or we will correct, repair or replace the defective product.
The ACDelco Service Centre Consumer Warranty is an additional benefit to you the customer, given in addition to your consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law (‘the ACL’).
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the ACL. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
In all cases, the responsibility for attending to or accepting any claim under the ACDelco Service Centre Warranty lies with the ACDelco Service Centre where the original work was performed. That centre may at their discretion, authorise warranty to be performed elsewhere, when it is impractical to have the work performed by the original centre.
In summary, the Consumer Warranty is provided to you:
- With you as the consumer responsible for expenses associated with a warranty claim;
- Only as the original purchaser of the part, service or repair;
- Only upon production of your invoice, receipt or proof of original purchase;
- Where not excluded by our “Warranty Exclusions”;
- For the following period or kilometres travelled (whichever comes first) from the date of purchase:
All products, repairs and services for twelve (12) months or 20,000 kilometres